Monday, March 12, 2012

Time

I've been thinking a lot about time lately. Maybe because we just had Daylight Savings, maybe because Axton just turned 4 months old, maybe because it seems to be going by too fast... It seems like the month of March has become a significant month for us the last few years. Three years ago, when I was in my final semester of nursing school, I became really sick. Finally, after a few weeks, I couldn't take it anymore and gave in to the idea of a colonoscopy. That's when I got my diagnosis of ulcerative colitis (March 31, 2009). The next day I was admitted to the hospital for almost 2 weeks to receive treatment.  A year later I started having flare symptoms again in March and April and when outpatient treatment failed, I was admitted to the hospital on May 1st for 3 weeks to receive treatment.
Last March I found out the best news ever: that we were going to be parents! On March 17th, at 5 weeks 6 days pregnant, I had my first glimpse of my growing miracle (my US was earlier than most because I was having pains and they wanted to make sure the pregnancy was in my uterus and not the fallopian tube).

There's not much to see that early in pregnancy but the little white dot in the black oval is my baby's heartbeat. 
I know that in no time at all, we will be celebrating Axton's birthday and even perhaps the birth of future miracles. We look forward to these little things. 

0 comments: