Monday, November 28, 2011

More about Axton

Proud daddy 11/12/11

Daddy's Rock Star 11/19/11


Axton was given several of these onesies by his Aunt Heather that had "11" ironed on them since he has a super cool birthday!
11/16/11

Happy Thanksgiving! 11/24/11

Today Axton had his 2 week appointment with his pediatrician. Everything looks good!
He is in the 50th percentile for his weight, length, and head circumference. The doctor said that he's perfect. But we already knew that. :)
Since I've had Axton I've heard of 2 families (via Facebook) that have had preemie babies, both of which also said their farewells soon after meeting their little ones.  I was always so afraid that something bad was going to happen while I was pregnant and I had to keep reminding myself that for the most part, everything goes okay!! Each week that I stayed pregnant during the crucial developmental times I thanked the Lord that my body was doing what it was supposed to be doing and helping my baby grow, regardless of my discomfort (which we know there is plenty of during pregnancy!)
Now that he's here, I look at him and marvel at the miracle we created.  That's exactly what babies are: miracles. We gave life to another human being!! I'm so glad that Axton chose us as his parents and that the Lord blessed us with him. I am also grateful for the knowledge that families can be together forever.  This forever binds my husband and I with our families and with the family we have created.



1 comments:

Jodi said...

He is so perfect. I am so happy for you guys. You went through a lot to get him here. And that "11" onesie is so freaking cute (I am sure you are loving the dark color of it too!)