Monday, May 24, 2010

More hospital fun...

I was finally discharged on May 20th! But not without complications arising first. It was discovered that I had developed a blood clot in my right arm from the PICC line. So on May 15th, the old PICC was pulled and a new one was put in my left arm. Then after a few pulmonary tests, it was determined that I had a small blood clot in my lung also. This extended my hospital stay an extra 5 days because I had to be on a continuous heparin drip during that time. I was also put on an oral anticoagulant that I get to take at home for approximately 6 months.

My blood transfusion


My new PICC line

On a happier note, I got to finally meet Skyler's daughter, Keeley (13 months).  It was brief and I'm sure unknown people and the hospital environment terrified her. Skyler is trying to work out an arrangement where he'll be able to spend more time with her.  We hope it will work out.







So I'm currently at home and on the mend. Unfortunately, my recovery is far from over but I think there's small improvements everyday.  My pain is hard to control and I'm still weak so I don't exactly know when I'll return to work.  Hopefully sooner than later.  I actually enjoy working and I know that the hospital bills will be coming all too soon.  Thank you to everyone for your support.  I have a wonderful support system and couldn't have done it without you.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Summer, so glad you're home! We know that Jon and Nike are too!!! If you need anything let me know...especially if it's anything sweet, I'm really craving sweet right now! :) Love ya!!!!